Support Our Work
Konbit Sante relies on donations, both cash and non-cash, and actions, both big and small, to help sustain and build on what we do. When you donate, you become part of the solution by supporting initiatives that positively impact people’s health and well-being in the communities where they live. Thank you.
There are many ways that you can support our work.
Financial Donations: Different Ways to Give
Explore the different methods available for making a donation.
In-kind Donations: View List of Items We Always Need
Konbit Sante sends 40' shipping containers of medicine, equipment and supplies to Cap-Haitien every year. We also send smaller shipments on a reguar basis.
When considering items for donation, please keep in mind:
- Because of ease of repairs and availability of replacement parts, older equipment and lower tech items better serve our needs.
- We can only accept medications with expiration dates 6 months or more from the donation date.
- Disposing items in Haiti is expensive and can easily pollute the environment. We take every precaution to ensure that we ship only what is needed and useful.
- We do not have funds to pay for shipping for most items. However, in certain circumstances we may be able to pay for transportation for biomedical equipment or other high value items.
Process For Donating
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of items that you believe may match our needs.
We will respond to your email immediately. We will then contact our staff in Haiti to see if we can use your donation.
If we can accept your donation, we will provide shipping details and donor letters for tax purposes. If we cannot use your donations, we will refer you to a partner agency that can use them locally.
- Subscribe to our mailing list
- Set up news alerts through Google to follow what is happening in Haiti and the global health community.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to get news & updates.
- Sign up to receive our Annual Report and Summer Newsletter by postal mail. Call or email us to submit your mailing address.
We take your privacy very seriously and will never sell or share any contact information.
- Invite Konbit Sante to speak at your workplace, place of worship, club/organization, or home. Contact us and we will do our best to meet your needs.
- Participate in our Annual Maine Walks with Haiti + 4 Mile Run.
- Turn an athletic event into a fundraiser and Compete for Konbit!
- Organize and host your own fundraiser - music concert, art sale, restaurant night, party...the sky is the limit! Just be sure to let us know about your fundraiser so we can offer our help to prepare for and publicize the event.
- Host a Haitian Metal Art Party. Haitian artists create beautiful metal art from 55- gallon steel oil drums that have been cleaned, flattened, cut by hand, and intricately patterned. See Video. All you need to do is invite a few friends, neighbors, or co-workers and supply the venue. We will set up the display and do the rest. For more information, contact us.
- Be a Business that Sponsors an Event
Your business can positively impact the health and lives of people and the community of Greater Cap-Haitien, Haiti by financially sponsoring a Konbit Sante event or fundraiser.
- work collaboratively with your company.
- acknowledge your support in our promotional materials, annual reports, on event pages and in our social media marketing campaigns.
Currently, Konbit Sante hosts its major fundraising event, our annual Maine Walks with Haiti, in May of each year.