At Konbit Sante Cap-Haitien Health Partnership, our mission is to support the development of a sustainable health care system to meet the needs of the Cap-Haitien community with maximum local direction and support.
This mission, along with the following values, represent the cornerstone for all that we do. All decisions we make and actions we take must work to further our mission and be in line with our values.
- We affirm that all people have the right to health care regardless of personal means.
- We believe in the value of improving the public health system in Haiti rather than developing a secondary or parallel system.
- We approach our partnership with the people of Cap-Haitien with the understanding that each has much to learn from the other.
- While recognizing the many difficult realities in Haiti, we focus on and capitalize on our strengths and abilities as well as those of our Haitian and other partners.
- We believe in empowering people to meet their own needs.
- We understand that we are guests in Haiti and that decisions about the Haitian health system are the Haitians' to make.
- We seek to operate in accordance with the highest ethical standards in all relationships with our Haitian partners, donors, and the community
- We value the contributions of our volunteers, donors, and funders and strive to be a good steward of these human and materials assets, seeking the most benefit for the people of Cap-Haitien with all resources entrusted to us.
- Finally, we believe in the dignity of all people and in human rights, and we are committed to advocating on behalf of people who suffer the indignity of misery.